Carbon steel pans are standard equipment for chefs around the world but it’s rare to see these pans in home kitchens. Now you have an opportunity to find out what chefs know when you buy one or all three of these shallow frying pans.
Carbon Steel vs. Cast Iron
Carbon steel is similar to cast iron because both materials are great at retaining heat and can go from stovetop to oven. They both can be used to cook in fire pits, smokers and campfires.
Chefs prefer carbon steel because it weighs less and the surface of the pan can become almost non-stick when seasoned.*
The sides of carbon steel pans are sloped while cast iron sides are almost vertical. The slope and non-stick quality of carbon steel make it a breeze to sauté food. If you’re feeling adventurous, it’s easier to toss the food up in the air and back in the pan than in cast iron.
Carbon steel pans will not break or crack and these pans come with a lifetime guarantee.
* The pans are pre-seasoned with coconut cooking oil.
The Hand Forged Difference
These pans are the “Gold Standard” in carbon steel. The master artisan has thought of every detail including:
- Creating and forging an incredibly beautiful “Signature Design” that will last longer than a lifetime
- Forming a sleek handle and smooth back side that make the pan easy to hold
- Crafting a bail at the end of the handle so the pan can be displayed
- Sinking the rivets so they’re level with the surface of each pan for ease of cleaning
The Texas artisan is committed to his craft and spends the time needed to make this heirloom quality cookware.
About the Shallow Fry Pans
The lower sides make this the perfect pan for scrambling, searing, frying, toasting and allows for quick evaporation for reducing sauces. You’ll get a good, crispy crust on anything from cornbread to seared salmon or steak. Making eggs for breakfast is easier because the eggs don’t get stuck to the pan. The curve of the handles allows for more control and comfort.
The 13” pan has two handles, the same gorgeous handle as the 9” and 11” sizes plus a smaller handle on the other side to help you get the pan in and out of the oven. The added bonus is that it’s half the weight of a 13” cast iron pan.
You will make your most memorable meals in these pans. They are beautiful to cook in and beautiful to serve with.
The pans are available in three sizes: 9” diameter, 11” diameter, 13” diameter
Deluxe Hand Forged Fry Pan Dimensions and Weights
9 Inch Pan $175.00
- 9” diameter at the top, 7” at the base x 1 3/8” deep
- 17” length including the elegant handle
- The pan weighs 2 pounds, 8 ounces
11 Inch Pan $195.00
- 11″ diameter at the top, 9” at the base x 1 ½” deep
- 18 3/4″ length including handle
- The pan weighs 4 pounds, 4 ounces
13 Inch Pan $295.00
- 13″ diameter at the top, 10” at the base x 1 ½” deep
- 23″ length including handle
- The pan weighs 5 pounds, 4 ounces
Save 5% when you buy all three sizes for $635.00
Hand wash to maintain the high performance and beauty of the pan.
About the Texas Artisan
The artisan has been forging custom, high-end, architectural iron for almost 30 years. His magnificent work is featured in luxurious homes throughout the United States.
He’s now using his skills and creativity in these custom ironware pans for the home.
Form and function come together in these beautiful pieces for your kitchen.The artisan includes his brand on each pan with the month and year the pan is forged.
The artisan’s motto – Beauty Born of Fire and Steel
Lifetime guarantee repair or replacement on your cookware.